Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Too little time...



So, I have all of my tools now (the rest arrived today) but today and tomorrow are booked solid with other obligations.  Isn't that the way it always goes?  There just aren't enough hours in the day.

I did get to try out some of my new tools and they are soooo nice.  I have almost completed the ornament I started on Monday because I've managed to sneak into my shop for a few minutes here and there.  I'll post some pics of it in the next few days - probably on Friday because tomorrow is not looking like there will be any carving time.  It is turning out really nice and I think you'll like it.  Maybe, you'll want to make one for yourself.  :)

If you are just getting started in carving, or if you are simply wondering if woodcarving is for you, there are some great websites I've found that are a wealth of information.

Woodcarving Illustrated is one of the BEST resources I've found.  I joined the site a couple of months ago and there is a forum with really knowledgeable carvers.  You can search the forum and probably find the answers to any of your woodcarving questions.  There are also lots of tips about carving, finishing your carved projects and there are even free patterns.  I subscribed to their magazine a couple of months ago and every issue I've received has been jam packed with helpful info and great patterns. 

Hope you're all having a great week! ~ Debra


No comments:

Post a Comment