Friday, August 9, 2013

New Heirloom Style Carved Santa Ornament



Yay, it's Friday!  I finished up the Santa ornament I was carving this morning and wanted to show you some pics of it before I sanded or painted it so I took these:




The pattern I used is from a book named, "Handcarved Christmas: 36 Beloved Ornaments, Decorations, and Gifts (Best of Woodcarving Illustrated).  There are some great patterns in the book but I fell in love with this one.  :)



 

 

It looks like a vintage glass teardrop ornament!  The pattern is by a carver named Wayne Shinlever.  

I finished it up this morning after I took these quick pics.  I sanded it, painted it, antiqued it and sealed it so this little guy is drying overnight.  I'll take some pics tomorrow so you can see how he turned out.

Hope you have a great weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment