Monday, August 5, 2013

Ahhhh, New Tools!!!



One of my packages of carving tools came today!  WoooHooo!!! 

I ordered them from Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers in Townsend, Tennessee.  If you need tools and need them FAST and love dealing with friendly, helpful people, this place is it!  I ordered late Thursday afternoon and I received them this morning! 

This was the first time I have dealt with Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers and it won't be my last.  I had a few questions so I called them and spoke with Connie.  She was super busy that day and was the only one at the store.  She was also on her way to the post office and asked if she could call me back within an hour. 

Guess what?  She did!  She also answered all of my questions and was extremely friendly but still so professional and knowledgeable. 

I ordered some Warren tool handles and knife blade sets from them and I'll be honest, Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers will be my go to wood carving supply store from now on.  :) 

AND, I'm heading to Tennessee in a couple of weeks so I'm going to stop by their shop (yes, they actually have a shop and aren't selling out of their living room in their spare time) and I'm going to pick up some other things I've been drooling over on their website.  Their shop is like a candy store to a woodcarver - check out the pics on their website here.

After I picked up my tools, I had some errands to run in town today so I didn't get a lot of carving done but I did get to take my new set for a spin late this afternoon and I'll take some pics tomorrow of the ornament I started working on.  It's the pointy one in the back of the pics below and I think it's going to be a cute one. 

Have a great evening everyone!  ~ Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment