Monday, August 26, 2013

My First Ugly Santa


Ok, so when I started this blog I told you that I would show you some of my ugly Santa's. 

They live in a box. 

Hidden. 

Under the stairs.

In the dark. 

But just so you can see that everyone creates an ugly carving now and then, I thought I'd show you some of mine. 

And what better place to start than with my very first Santa?  I carved this guy before 1994 so he is considered vintage (at least by Etsy's standards).  But you won't be seeing this one in my shop because, after this post, it's back in the box for him.

Here's the front view.  Yep, I drilled a hole right in his head!  Classy!!!



And this is his side view.  What was I thinking with this paint job?  His face is pink like a pig, his lower lip is white, and why did I think the trim should be primary yellow???  I do not know!


And here's his backside.  Why on earth did I feel that Santa needed me to carve him a butt crack???  I'm starting to think I had some serious issues!!!  I'm much better now.  I hope.  LOL.


So, now that I've totally embarrassed myself, the box is being sealed back up until I have the courage to show you another.  :)

And if you've been afraid to try woodcarving, c'mon, how much worse could it be???? 

Have a great evening everyone! ~ Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment