Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My favorite way to carve wood...


I love all kinds of carving.

If I see something I like in Woodcarving Illustrated or in another carving magazine, I'll give the pattern a whirl.  I usually change it up quite a bit but sometimes they turn out pretty close to the original pattern.

But, I have to admit, my favorite way to carve is to just pick up a piece of wood and start carving.  Sometimes I'll doodle a little on the wood and sometimes I'll just carve away without really knowing where the carving will take me. 

That's how I carved this guy:


                               Hand Carved Santa Ornament Wood Carving, Midnight Blue

I picked up a scrap of basswood and started carving one morning.  This is how he turned out.  I think he's a cutie!  :)

You can see more pics of him in my Etsy shop here.

Hope you like him!  ~ Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment