Friday, November 1, 2013

One of My Newest Santa Carvings - Carved Santa Ornament


Here is my newest Santa carving.  He's a hand carved Santa ornament and I love his long, saggy hat and curvy beard. 

I carved him yesterday morning but got distracted later in the day.  I brought him into the studio and painted him today so I'll get some pics of him tomorrow to show you all of his finishing touches but this is what he looked like when he was still out in the woodshop.


Cute, huh?
 

I carved this Santa ornament using my favorite method to carve.  No pattern!  Just doodle on the wood and start chipping away - you'll end up with a one-of-a-kind carving every single time.  :)
 
I also have a few of the wooden tool handles carved so I'll try to post some pics of those tomorrow, too.
 
Happy weekend, everyone!!!  :)  ~ Debra
 


No comments:

Post a Comment